Green Peak Hotel

My visit: December 27-31, 2010

Hotel Green Peak since 1968
No. 18, Lane 77, Section 2
Chung Shan North Road
02-25112611

Philippine Airlines
December 27, 2010
PR896 7:55

December 31, 2010
PR897 13:20

Approximate travel time: 2 hours

cost: USD290/pax

After  booking our plane tickets to Taiwan via Philippine Airlines, I didn't think that booking a hotel was  going to be a hard after all we have been to Taipei numerous times and we know a lot hotels that offer local rates.  But I can't seem to find a hotel available on the said dates. It's either the hotels were fully booked or one or more dates were not available. We booked a little late, ok, really late as in December 21 haha It was an impulsive decision of DH to book the flight, a much needed vacation if you ask me. He knew how I love Taipei and a trip to that country would really make me happy. He said it was his gift because I have been a good girl haha He miss the food too!

And so, after suffering nose bleed from speaking too much Mandarin, I got through with Hotel Green Peak. I spoke with Karen and she booked us right away. She didn't ask for a deposit, just got my flight detail and told me to call her if I will change or cancel my booking. I only called her once and that's it. 

Hotel Green Peak Taipei NTD 1, 800/ night

Bus ride #2601 from airport to hotel is about an hour. The cost is about NTD90 per pax. You have to get off at Ambassador hotel which is located on the main thoroughfare. We took a taxi ride NTD1200 to Terminal 1 on our way back to the airport but that would be another entry. 

When we got to the hotel at around 11am, I told the receptionist my name, not even my surname because Karen had difficulty spelling MARTINEZ during our conversation over the phone hehe The receptionist told me that check in time would be at 1pm and we could leave our bags at the reception area. I wasn't able to meet Karen though because I didn't bother to ask where she was haha

We had lunch at Chin May Taiwan Buffet. It is a "pientang" or taiwan box lunch. Chin May has since transfered to another location but we still visit it every time we go back. After lunch, we went back to the hotel to check if our room is available. The receptionist told us that the room is ready! And it's not even 1pm... yey!

Hotel Green Peak bedroom

The hotel room is about half the size of my bedroom but it is clean. Basic necessities are provided. Bed is queen sized with two pillows. I requested for a third. A vanity which doubles as a writing desk/ computer table is on the opposite side of the bed. A LAN cord is provided upon request. The DSL is so fast! I just wish I bought my MacBook instead of my HP where all my pictures were stored. 2 sachets of Mr. Brown coffee, 2 sachets of local tea, a bottle of water and an electric kettle are on top of the table and are also replenished each day. A personal ref is hidden inside a wooden cabinet below the TV. There is a cabinet for clothes with wooden hangers. The hair dryer is hidden inside the cabinet. A box of Kleenex next to the bed was provided. 2 sets of slippers can be found just below the night stand.

toilet

Toilet is clean and tidy every time we went back to our hotel room. Toiletries like shampoo, soap, comb, shave and shaving cream, shower cap and 2 tooth brushes with toothpastes are arranged neatly over the sink. 2 bath towels and 2 hand towels were also provided. And a shower mat too!

 Chinese set meal breakfast

American set meal breakfast

Breakfast is a choice of Japanese- rice, viand & soup, Chinese- porridge & viand and American- ham & egg, a thick slice of bread, coffee & juice. 

The building is situated beside a karaoke/bar. I had a hard time sleeping during the first night. That plus the noise coming from the snore of DH equals dark circles around my eyes hehe And our room 203 is just next to the staircase landing and the elevator so I could hear people going up and down the stairs and coming in and out of the elevator. Good thing during following days, I was so tired that the noise doesn't bother me at all. I fell asleep for all I care. 

The hotel is about two blocks away from the nearest MRT station, Shuanglian. Shuanglian station on the red line is 2 stops to Taipei Main Station (NTD20). Travelers staying there are mostly Japanese. DH and I were mistaken to be Japanese too lol Mackay Memorial Hospital, Watsons and 7 Eleven are within walking distance. 

The next time I book this hotel, it will be on the upper floors. It is inexpensive at NTD1800 a night. The area is safe with CCTV cameras almost everywhere. Actually, Taipei is pretty safe at night. Every corner and even inside MTR or Metro as they call it has a camera in plain sight. That's why I love Taipei!