Nomama Artisanal Ramen in Quezon City

My visit: February 12, 2012

Nomama Artisanal Ramen + Modern Japanese Cuisine
by Chef Him Uy de Baron of East Cafe
G/F FSS Bldg. II
18 Scout Tuason cor. Scout Castor,
Quezon City 9214913

Nomama opened September of last year. It means "That's It!" in Japanese.

We came by a bit early and the restaurant was not yet opened but we were welcomed by a waitress inside. I didn't know that cement finish and wood combination will turn out to be chic until I entered the restaurant. The restaurant is minimalist- cement flooring, pipes running around the ceiling and plastic chairs. The first thing that you will see upon entering is an open kitchen where several chefs were busy manning it.

 broiled tofu with mushrooms PhP285

We ordered broiled tofu with mushroom. A bit pricey considering an order consists of only two chunks of tofu. The presentation is nice with edemame and katsuobushi (shaved dried fish) topping and slices of shitake mushroom on the side. The sauce is miso-sweet soy marinade, taste like teriyaki sauce. 



 soft shell crab salad PhP260

I am happy that this restaurant has soft shell crab. I think every Japanese restaurant should have one on their menu. 

One crunchy piece of soft shell crab seats on top of the salad greens. I am not a fan of the overflowing dairy buttermilk dressing but I am more than happy with my soft shell crab. 

tuna and avocado PhP330

I rarely eat raw but DH insisted that I try his order, raw tuna and avocado. I think I ate 3 out of 8 tuna without even dipping it in avocado mix which tastes bland. The ponzu on the side tastes a lot like gochujang. The sweet taste of mango takes away the umay factor of this dish.

nomama ramen PhP290

Last but not the least, we ordered the house specialty, nomama ramen. 2 slices of tamago, and 4 slices of chashu with special miso-sesame blend pork stock after, we felt full and satisfied with our meal. 

If you are craving for ramen and want a cheaper alternative, you can visit, Ramen X in Trinoma.

Let's stay connected:

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like MrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Add MrsMartinez on Google +