Anlene Partners for Life Now & Forever!

October 18, 2012

Anlene
Quezon Ballroom B
Makati Shangri-la Hotel
Makati City

My recent bone scan showed that I am at HIGH RISK of having an osteoporosis... ack! But I was not that shocked given the history of my mom, she has degenerative osteoarthritis ; ( It seems to me that I am not getting enough calcium supplement from my non-fat milk... darn!

At age 36, I am currently at HIGH RISK of having Osteoporosis

You see, I have a steady supply of fresh non-fat milk from Milk Man so all the Anlene supply (powdered or concentrate) I get goes straight to my mom's.  Learning about my recent bone scan result, Franco of BridgesPR promised to send me boxes of Anlene... yey!

More about the event after the break....



(seated left to right) Memey Mendoza - Corporate Development & Communications Head, Angela Pablo - Nutrition Manager, Vanessa Ledesma, Patricia Hizon, Roberta Sadiua - Asst. Brand Manager Anlene & Mary Liao - Project Manager Anlene ;
(standing left to right) RJ Ledesma, Dr. Alex Pineda - Family Medicine, Secretary General OSPFI, Harvey Ong, Marketing Director, Fonterra, Carlo Mendoza - General Manager, Fonterrra, Eric Riola - Marketing Manager Anlene & Vince Hizon

During the event, RJ Ledesma, asked us to look at the woman seating beside us. Apparently, one in two women chatting amicably over lunch will unfortunately be at risk for severe bone breakage after a seemingly minor fall or bump in their more advanced years. Sad to say, I am one of them... boo hoo ; (

Fortunately, it was also discussed that there are three keys that can help reduce risk of osteoporosis:

  • Frequent exercise
  • Healthy lifestyle
  • Balanced diet accompanied by Anlene, of course!

Anlene is  formula milk that is rich in Calcium and Vitamin D and has been proven to reduce the rate of bone loss among women. In fact, it only takes two full glasses a day to met 100% of the Philippine Calcium and Vitamin D requirements for mature adults-which is hardly an extra effort outside a woman's daily diet.  

More sad news, recent studies revealed that the vulnerability to osteoporosis is not only limited to women. It is no longer a "women's disease". According to the International Osteoporosis Foundation, 1 out of 5 men over the age of 50 will suffer from an Osteoporotic fracture. 

Anlene bone health check results (from August 2011 to July 2012) revealed that 43% of men (aged 26-65yo) in the Philippines are at risk. 

Before I found out about this, I am glad to know that my dad has already started drinking Anlene.  With the influence of my mom, he has included Anlene powdered milk in his daily diet!

Men should avoid bad habits such as smoking and alcohol consumption as it may lead to bone loss and the inhibition of Calcium absorption and bone formation. 

Vince Hizon having his bone density check

One of the guests that day was husband and wife tandem, Vince & Patricia Hizon. Vince's dad had spinal fractures that's why he feels the need to also take care of his bones. 

 World Osteoporosis Day was last October 21, 2012

Incidentally, last October 21, 2012 was World Osteoporosis Day. Anlene celebrated it with hundreds of participants in Star Mall, Las Pinas.

Now that I know that I am at high risk and that men are not exempted in this dreaded disease, I should advised my husband to start drinking Anlene before it's to late! After all, prevention is better than cure, agree?

Let's stay connected:

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +