Japan Visa Requirement for Philippine Passport Holders

In my previous post, I already shared the good news that my Japan Visa was already approved ; p For those of you who are interested in applying for one, here is a step-by-step procedure on how to acquire a Japan Visa in just 3 days...

Japan Visa for Philippine passport holder

I got a Single Entry Japan Visa which is valid for a 15 days stay within 3 months from November 23 (date of issue) to February 23, 2013.

I look so serious in the photo because I read here that the facial expression in photo must be general expression and not exaggerated one.

To know more about the documents needed in applying for a Japan Visa, read more...


Step 1: Go to Japan Visa Section Information

Step 2: Download Japan Visa Application Form PDF and DOC

Step 3: View Visa Application Photo Requirement

  • 2 pcs. 2x2 (4.5cm x 4.5 cm) size
  • white background
  • no sunglasses
  • no jewelry
  • photo must be taken no more than 6 months prior to application
  • applicant wearing headband, cap etc. is not acceptable
  • hair must not obscure facial features

Step 4: Original NSO Birth Certificate and NSO Marriage Certificate (if married) issued not more than one year.

Step 5: Valid Passport (including old passports)

Step 6: Bank Certificate

Step 7: If employed, Income Tax Return (ITR) Form 2316 - photocopy

Step 8: If self-employed, Income Tax Return (ITR) 2316 ; For corporate, Certificate of Registration and Security & Exchange Commission (SEC) - photocopy

Step 9: Valid Government Issued ID ex. driver's license - photocopy

Since I was originally a Taiwan (ROC) passport holder, I also submitted the following documents:

  • Identification Certificate from Bureau Of Immigration - photocopy
  • My Taiwan passport

Step 10: Choose from the five (5) accredited travel agencies.Visa is gratis, however, you have to pay the travel agency facilitating your travel documents.

For convenience, since I don't have the luxury of time to go to any of the listed agency, I contacted the same travel agency that handled my Korean tour last year and paid PhP 2,000. The travel agency would still course my application through the accredited agency. All my documents were picked up at my house  and after the approval, my passport with Japan Visa was delivered back to my place ; )

All the documents were picked up and submitted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012. The date of issue stamp on my Japan Visa was November 23. It only took two to three days for my visa to get approved... woot!

If you have completed all the necessary requirements, there is no reason that the Japanese Embassy will deny you of the issuance of a visa ; p

Good luck!

For inquiries on Japan Visa Application, call 8347514.

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +