Taiwan Chronicle: Taipei 101

My visit December 28, 2010

DAY 2

Ximen Station
Taipei 101

Taipei 101

I just took a shot of the tallest building in the world, Taipei 101. I have been in there several times so there is no point in going again this year. But I have to give you a glimpse of what Taipei 101 looks like at night. Beautiful, isn't it?

That afternoon, after our garden tour, we went to Ximen Station (BLUE line- 5 stops from Fuzhong Station where the Lin Family Mansion and Garden is located).

First stop, a store named Fried Chicken just outside the station.

chicken NTD 55

cassava fries NTD10

Ay- Chung Flour-Rice Noodle NTD45- small bowl

 Ay- Chung Flour-Rice Noodle since 1975

People sit outside the restaurant to eat and go. In the numerous times I have been there, people flock to this place especially on weekends where there will be no more chairs available and the only option is to stand while eating. 

 grass jelly drink

 dumplings

Our Taipei mantra: DH eat; I shop hahaha That's why you seldom see me in the picture! And after my shopping spree, we went back to Taipei City Hall Station which is also in Blue line and just 7 stops from Ximen Station. Taipei 101 and Jogoya are located in Taipei City Hall. 


While walking the long stretch of malls, we spotted a huge Christmas tree, we pose and took a snap.



I had a pedometer on for the entire duration of our trip and we walked approximately 15, 000 steps that day! Whew!