Inexpensive stay at La Bella Casa de Boracay!

My visit: May 16- 18, 2011

Station 1 (behind Balabag Church)
Boracay Island
Malay, Aklan
036-2881363   +6391796641456   +63919853042   +639326298864

Gevi booked through Agoda and paid only PhP3240 for two nights accommodation in La Bella Casa de Boracay. Topping the list of our requirements for our stay is cost. I gave her a budget of PhP2000/room/night. Other requirements are air conditioned room and our own toilet and bath with heater. We got all that plus TV, personal refrigerator, King size bed, toiletries, towel and daily breakfast! Not bad for PhP800/pax/night, right? Oh, did I mention that Wi-Fi is FREE? 

improvised King size bed inside room number 6 (Deluxe)

I know that we were going to stay in Station 1. When the tricycle driver to drop us off at the back of Astoria Boracay, I know the place was going to be somewhere along its vicinity.  Little did I know that it's located behind Balabag Church- a famous landmark and across the main thoroughfare. We had to get another tricycle to drive us over to the hotel. After passing the basketball court which is another landmark, we saw the front of the church. The driver then entered an alley and behind the church is La Casa Bella de Borcay. 


toilet in La Bella Casa de Borcay

After showing our printed voucher from Agoda, the manager gave us our room key for room number 6 on the second floor. A few minutes after, our welcome drinks were delivered to our room.

1 minute walk to Willy's Rock

Willy's Rock

The video shows that it will only take a minute's walk to get to the beach in Station 1 in between Willy's Rock where the Grotto is and Jonah's Fruit Shake. It is really a good location for budget travelers like us. 

Narra furnishings on the ground floor

The Narra furnishings are what you will immediately see upon entering this hotel. It is generally safe to stay here. With enough distance away from the busy stations, you are guaranteed of a sound sleep at night. The office is a few steps away but there is always a person on the ground floor who can assist you in your needs like the time when I saw a cockroach in our room. I was able to call kuya from downstairs to kill the insect ; p Gevi and I were both afraid of cockroach waaaaaaah!

third level breakfast table setting

On our second day, we were told to go up the third floor for our breakfast. More Narra furnishings were on that floor. There is a loft that was not occupied so I had a glimpse of it. The rooms on the third floor were occupied so I was not able to view it. I saw a water dispenser on that floor too. We should just have refilled our water bottle there instead of buying 1 gallon of water (PhP75) each for the duration of our stay. 

complimentary longanisa with egg and Milo drink for me

tocino with coffee for Gevi

 tapsilog

tocilog

I ate tapsilog- tapa, sinangag at itlog next day. For me, the tocino is the best choice.

inside Balabag Church

This is my first visit to the church. It is a small church. It is well maintained. I even saw fresh flowers near the altar.

Holy Rosary Parish Boracay

If you are staying here, tell the tricycle driver that it's located at the back of the Holy Rosary Parish. There is only one church in the area so you won't miss it. 

La Bella Casa de Boracay

We had a pleasant stay in this quaint hotel. I would recommend this to barkadas who are on a budget , honeymooners and even for family too.

Till my next Boracay post!