H Cuisine Home of the Most Awesome Angus Beef Belly!

My visit: September 9, 2011

H Cuisine by Chef Hanna Herrera
64 Scout Rallos cor. Tomas Morato St.,
Quezon City

It was my brother who can't stop raving about H Cuisine. Coming from a restaurant owner himself, I thought this restaurant must be offering something really good. I was with my family when I first tried this restaurant. I know I am bound to come back.

H Cuisine's Most Awesome Angus Beef Belly (single with rice) PhP288

I have been back twice since he first texted DH and I. My brother was raving about how tender the angus beef belly and I could not agree more! The second time, I brought two of my closest friends in college with me.

Along with the Angus beef belly, there were string beans, corn and carrots on one side and baby potatoes on the other neatly placed on a white plate elevated on top of a rack with a lit tea light candle in the bottom to keep the dish warm. Personally, I don't think that it does the job but it is more for presentation.

If you are in a group of 2 to 3 pax, order the To Share portion for only PhP428 without rice.

Loaded Taco Salad PhP188

Nachos, lettuce, beef, grated cheese, aioli and salsa towered in this salad plate. This is good for sharing. In a matter of minutes, we finished the salad. We have onion breath after but what the heck ; p

Aioli is garlic mayonnaise. 

 Tofu Steak with Sweet Shitake Sauce PhP168

When I heard that my friends wanted to order this dish, I was thinking of the horrible tofu that I have ordered awhile back in another restaurant. I told them I would just give it a taste but I ended up eating 1 1/2 out of the 5 cubes of Japanese tofu. Oh, how can I forget the Katsuoboshi (fish shavings) on top!

 Breaded Parmesan Rolls PhP188

This is AC's order. It is breaded chicken fillet in mayo dip. I was not able to taste parmesan in this dish. It was a bit bland for me ; (

To share order is only PhP288.

 Oven Braised Herbed Chicken PhP188

Taste like curry, GE gave this dish a thumbs up! It has the same side dish as my Angus beef belly order. All three dishes that we order came with rice.

my girl friends

We took this photo after our hearty meal. The yellow plate is the container of the rice that goes with the entree.  

The menu is simple but well thought of. If I want to fix my beef cravings, I know where to go. The servers were efficient. Parking is a challenge- parallel! But it's nothing that I can't accomplish ; p

Fire Ball PhP160

Right after, we had dessert at the nearby Cafe Breton. Oh, please don't judge us thirty something girls and our diet ; p It was GE who suggested the place because she got tired of Starbucks and CBTL.

Fire Ball crepe

Fire Ball- mixed fresh fruit (banana, mango and pineapple) flambeed in rum. 

Flambeed- food covered in liquor and set alight briefly. 

La Pinay PhP160

La Pinay- mango crepe, ice cream and chocolate sauce. 

Nobody wants ice cream and crepe combination like I do ; p

Cafe Mocha PhP95

We each had a cup of coffee. Add PhP10 for decaf.

us girls in Cafe Breton

The night didn't end there. Knowing us, we have scheduled an activity- nail spa! We went to Posh Nails Hand and Foot Spa in Tomas Morato. My friends decided to have cracked nail polish for an additional PhP100. I, on the other hand, went for the "hot stuff collection" by ORLY nail polish. 

ORLY nail polish in green apple

I had change polish service for PhP100 only because I don't like pushing and cutting my cuticles. We spent the whole night chatting away.

That's about it! We all went home safe ; ) Till my next blog post.  Have a blessed Sunday!