Cafe Escudero in Quezon City

September 15, 2012

Cafe Escudero
G/F El Jardin Bldg.,
41 Sgt. Esguerra Ave. cor Eugenio Lopez Ave.,
Quezon City 1103
4125201   3439771

Quezon City is a food haven because I see new restaurants opening every month. Cafe Escudero is one of them. The name sounds familiar, right? It is owned by the brother of Senator Francis "Chiz" Escudero. Opened just over a month ago, the restaurant looks promising with just a few kinks that need to be fix.

Crispy Sorsogon Danggit with Atchara PhP 245

Cafe Escudero is an Asian fusion restaurant. The menu has traditional Filipino dishes, pastas, sandwiches and desserts. DH and I made sure that we order only items from the menu with thumbs up sign (bestseller) and or the ones with a star which means must try from the province of Sorsogon.

Read after the break....


Crispy Sorsogon Danggit with Atchara PhP 245

For our appetizer, we ordered Crispy Sorsogon Danggit with Atchara.  There were over 20 danggit in one order and I only had one because DH ate it all ; p 

How to eat Crispy Sorsogon Danggit with Atchara:

  1. Get one danggit
  2. Scoop atchara using danggit
  3. Bite into the crispy danggit

Danggit - salted dried fish
Atchara - pickled unripe papaya

Gourmet Tuyo Arabiata PhP 195

One of the bestsellers on the menu, Gourmet Tuyo Arabiata is a delicious mix of pesto and Arrabbiata sauce topped with shredded tuyo, Parmesan cheese and salted egg. There is one slice of bread on the side. 

Surprisingly, DH liked the first two dishes that we ordered. Normally, he is not as enthusiastic when it comes to Filipino dishes. If I had not tasted the dishes myself, I would say that he was just partial because Cafe Escudero features food from the Bicol region but I have to agree with him, the food tasted good!

Tuyo - dried fish
Arrabbiata - pasta sauce made from garlic, tomatoes and red hot chili peppers cooked in olive oil.

Guinobatan Longganisa PhP235

The photo I took with Guinobatan Longganisa was really tight (close up) because in reality, this order has 5 tiny, and I mean really tiny, bite-sized longganisa. What it lacks in size, it makes up for in taste! It is not your traditional sweet longganisa, try to dip it in vinegar for a more savory taste.
orange juice

Guinobatan Longganisa order also includes 2 sunny side up eggs and a glass of orange juice.

Longganisa - Filipino sausage

Here are a few of my concerns that I think the management should look into:

1. Exhaust System in the smoking room - As a non-smoker, it was really hard for me to breathe while I was inside the restaurant.

2. The staff should be well-versed- We asked about several items on the menu from two different servers during our visit, on both occasions, they have to go back to the kitchen or to the cashier for answers.

 That's it! I can't wait to share with you the certificate I got from Shiseido's Makeup Workshop conducted by Angela Bo, Shiseido Regional Training Manager for Asia on my next post ; )

Let's stay connected:

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +