Travelogue: Tram, LV, Cafe de Coral in Central Hong Kong

My visit: July 31 to August 3, 2011

Central, Hong Kong

The double decker tram in Hong Kong fascinates me. Even if it's open air, I love it! It makes me feel like I am transported back in time! This is one of my fondest memories when I was a kid visiting Hong Kong and it never ceases to amaze me. 

double decker tramcar

Incidentally, Hong Kong operates the world's largest fleet of double decker tramcars. Operating since 1904, it started with just 26 single deck trams ow with 163 double decker tramcars including two antique tramcars.


DH and I riding the double decker tram

Of course, we climbed to the top floor to find us a seat. 

tram track

another double decker tramcar

pedestrian lane

I love that cars don't park on pedestrian lane.

street signs in Hong Kong

LV in Central Hong Kong

Louis Vuitton address in Central: Pedder Street, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong

Dh and I went back to Central just to take a photo of LV's facade. in my excitement the day before, I was not able to take a photo of it ; p

Cafe de Coral Crispy Roasted Pork HK$26

We decided to take an early lunch before going to Tsim Sha Tsui in the afternoon. I was happy to see Cafe de Coral because I have been searching for roast barbecue pork since day 1 but I am out of luck. In their rotating menu, I was not able to see barbecue pork on their lunch menu so I settled for crispy roasted pork. I was disappointed but I have to eat it to have energy for more shopping  ; p Maybe the barbecue pork is on their dinner menu ; (

pork spareribs rice

I don't recall the name of this order so I called it pork spareribs rice. It's different because it has hebi dried shrimp on top.

char siu with duck rice meal

I was finally able to eat barbecued pork in the airport while waiting for our flight home. Sad to say, I was not impressed anymore with the food that I have ordered. Darn! I didn't even take a photo of it.

I am aiming to finish all my Hong Kong entries within the month. Keeping my fingers crossed!