What's In My Bag: Whistle

Ever since my friends told me about keeping a whistle with you at all times, I became obsessed. Initially, I bought 3 whistles in black, red and blue colors. Two whistles are now attached with the car keys and the other one is now with my set of house keys. 

 whistle PhP30

I bought 3 whistles from Toby's Sports in SM Megamall for only PhP30. Today, I bought two more in Toby's Sport Greenhills. I gave one to my mom. 

The ones I bought were tiny and can be easily slipped in the side pocket of my bag. It is made of plastic so it is light weight and does not take up too much space. The colors are bright so I can easily find it inside my bag. 

 close up of red whistle

Why do I keep a whistle inside my bag?

Whistle can be used to call attention when in distress. It can be used as an emergency signal device. It is more audible than shouting for help on top of your lungs. 

How to use it?

Whistle is mouth operated and produces sound when air is blown into it.

whistles attached to my car and office keys

Available in red, blue, green, yellow and black. I hope they can come out with a white color whistle. A slightly bigger whistle is also available for only PhP35. 

Toby's Sports
G/F Connecticut Carpark Bldg.
Greenhills Shopping Center
7257112

2nd Floor, Building A
SM Megamall, Ortigas Center
Mandaluyong City
6334998

What emergency signal device can be found inside your bag?