One on One Winter Trend 2011 Makeover with The Body Shop

Seriously, if you are a girl, you can't have one too many makeovers! When The Body Shop recently invited me through SMS if I wanted to participate in their Christmas 2011 Blogger makeover session, how can I say no? It's yes all the way, baby!

with award winning MUA, Carissa "Issa" Rodriguez

So, last Saturday, DH- bless his heart that's why I love him- and I braved the traffic from Malabon City to SM Megamall Bldg. B for the makeover. Thanks to the power of PhP100, he was able to park somewhere near the entrance of the mall ; p


my "before" photo

Yeah, I look "Loren Haggarda" here in the photo. I came straight from the office. Please don't mind the bushy eyebrows that's what happens when you have THE BANGS!

looking better and better by the minute with flushed cheeks

This photo was taken after application of:

  • The Body Shop Shiso BB Cream
  • The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Compact Foundation 108
  • The Body Shop Flawless Skin Protecting Concealer 01
  • The Body Shop All In One Face Base 01

Yeah, it takes lots of products to have a flawless look.

 The Body Shop Radiant Highlighter & The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Tint mixture

I would never have thought that I can achieve a radiant glow just by mixing 2 products in small amount- Radiant Highlighter and Lip & Cheek Tint! Borrowing Shen's words "Parang dumaan-lang-ang-crush- mo look!"

bushy eyebrows no more!

One of my facial flaw is uneven eyebrows. Doesn't show much when I have make up on but when my face is without makeup, you can clearly see it. Issa even mentioned that some areas are lacking in hair lol Geez! She has to fill them all up lol

half done eye makeup

After applying iris white as base on both my eyes, eye definer shade in black was applied in feathery strokes. Using the eye colour brush, the eye definer was blended with marble grey shadow.

Eye makeup:

  • The Body Shop 4- Step Smoky Eye Palette in Silver Black 01
  • The Body Shop Liquid Eyeliner
  • The Body Shop Big and Curvy Mascara


peg of the day: Smoky Eye

Issa is shown in the photo applying The Body Shop Nomadic Goddess Baked Powder Bronzer in Warm Glow. This is perfect for those that want a hint of peach and pink on their tanned face!

on to the lips

Part of the Winter 2011 collection, The Body Shop Hi- Shine Lip Treatment in Purple was mixed with Lip Colour in Shell Pink 04. The result is sparkly pink lippies!

my "after" photo

Compared to my one on one makeup session with Bobbi Brown, I like my "look" here more. The smoky effect covers two thirds of my eye, giving a more intense look. 

How do I look?

When DH saw me, he commented that the makeup should have been more darker, more intense hahaha I guess makeup artists are afraid to do such radical makeover in me. Well, I will experiment with my own smoky eye effect one of these days. I don't want too intense that I would look like a raccoon. You would not want an FOTD like that, right? I am keeping my fingers crossed, let's wait and see...

a close up look with Issa

with Issa and Danica of The Body Shop

I love the makeup session. It was fun while it lasted. Anyway, the good news is that you, too, can have a Winter Trend  in-store FREE Makeover. 

Winter Trend Makeover are available in:

  • November 13 SM Sta. Rosa & Gateway
  • November 19 Rockwell and Sm The Block
  • November 20 Podium and SM Mall of Asia
  • November 26 Greenhills and Alabang Town Center
  • November 27 Shangri-la and Trinoma

But wait there is more good news...


It's GREEN & it's my favorite dry oil mist!

Thanks Shen for taking photos of me!