Celebrating 11 years of OBAGI

My visit: October 11, 2010

Celebrating 11 years of Obagi Philippines
Museum Cafe
Loft 2
G/F Greenbelt 4
Makati City

OBAGI is synonymous with beauty. Dr. Zein Obagi, founder/ world renowned dermatologist, changed the face of skin care. 

I first heard about Obagi through a friend who long have suffered from acne problems during her puberty years. Dramatic changed was seen after using Obagi. 

Last Monday, I was invited to a small gathering of beauty bloggers to celebrate Obagi's 11 years in the Philippines and to learn more about Obagi. 

with Aimee DeMarais and Jeff Sinclair, director of Asia Pacific sales

The event started out with good food from M Cafe. International trainor for Obagi product, Aimee gave a brief description on Obagi. A simple Q and A followed. 

Now, I am excited. I am vain and I want to know more about my skin and the remedies Obagi product can do.

Obagi Professional- C Serum

As you all know, I recently went crazy over TBS Vitamin C Skin Boost. I hoarded to say the least. I asked what benefit can I get Obagi Professional- C Serum. 

I learned that Obagi Professional- C Serum is the most technologically advanced antioxidant therapy. It uses stabilized ascorbic acid- the only form of Vitamin C that can effectively absorbed by the skin. It delivers greater penetration to the epidermis and dermis. According to a study it provide up to 2 times better penetration than competitive C products. It is quickly absorbed into your skin so it won't rub or wash off. Your skin will benefit from it right away. It is also proven to remain stable for longer periods of time than leading Vitamin C treatments which can break down and lose potency more quickly.

Benefits from getting Vitamin C treatments:
  • Prevent premature sigs of aging e.g. fine lines and wrinkles
  • Protection from future damage
  • Stimulate collagen production resulting in firmer, more resilient skin
  • Lighten and brighten skin 
  • Moisturize and increase skin hydration

Available in four concentrations:
  • 20% for the highest concentration of L- Ascorbic Acid
  • 15% for all skin types
  • 10% for dry, sensitive or reactive skin
  • 5% protection for the sensitive eye area

I am definitely getting a bottle of Obagi Professional- C Serum. I am in my 30s, I often notice in my close up photos the sun spots I got from last year's numerous beach outings. I love the beach but the sun is too harsh from my skin. So definitely this will be a great tool for my battle with the sun! I will definitely keep you updated after my purchase ; )

Obagi Rosaclear System

Another question I ask is about rosacea. 

What is rosacea?

It is a chronic condition, most especially in adult women, characterized by flushing of redness on the face. It is a harmless cosmetic condition.

My mom was diagnosed to have rosacea. She controls it by applying Robaz gel. Aimee said that they have a system for it but currently not available in the Philippines. The condition rarely affects Asians. It's good to know though that Obagi has an answer to every condition even the most unlikely one like rosacea. 

Obagi Elastilash

Oh my gawd! Aimee let us sneaked in to what's in store for us beauty bloggers and for all the vain women out there haha It's the new ELASTILash!

It works like a mascara only this time it stimulates our hair follicles to produce more hair making it appear fuller and longer! Isn't it amazing! It will be out in stores early next year or if we are lucky, later this year ; )

 Obagi Nu Derm line


Toner 60ml is at PhP1250. The sunblock (not in the picture) costs PhP1200.

step 1 Obagi Gentle Cleanser 60ml PhP1250

step 4 Obagi Exfoderm PhP2250

Now, Obagi didn't leave us empty handed. We went home with enough products to keep our skin healthy for the next few weeks.

I have been using Obagi Nu Derm line for almost a week now. I am lucky to not have a pimple prone skin. I got acne before when I was younger but that was just a phase and I outgrew it. My primary concern right now are the signs of skin aging. I am willing to try products that is not harsh on my skin and at the same time make my skin firmer and young looking. So far, I didn't react to the products above. Except for the sun block (not in the picture), I use the rest of the product line at night time before I go to sleep. 

Now, all I need is the Obagi Professional- C Serum to complete my night routine!

Trinoma 9166564
81-OBAGI

An inexpensive alternative is L'Oreal White Perfect range of products.
For make up primer, you might want to visit L'Oreal Paris Base Magique and Oclipse by OBAGI.