I'm Switching: Charm Travel Pro v3

 Newsflash! Read about the limited edition Charm Trave Pro Sonia Makeup Brush Set here. You can also read about my favorite Charm Essentials brush here.

Everyone who reads my blog knows that more often than not I apply most of the make up on my face with my fingertips. Yes, even the eye shadows. The reason is I am usually in a hurry. It gets the job done anyway so why bother, right? Wrong! Read on to find out why...

The brushes I own (there were only a few!) were either given to me as a gift or I have won in a giveaway. I bought only two basic brushes (eye shadow and powder brush) from The Body Shop.

Charm Travel Pro v3 14 pc. Brush Set PhP 2, 200 with free shipping nationwide

When Sophie of Beautynomics saw my twitpic about my almost dead powder brush, she said that she will replace my old brush. A few months had past and I have thrown out my brush already when she told me that the brush has arrived ; )

Little did I know that I will be receiving a whole set- A Charm Travel Pro Makeup Brush Set is what she calls it. I was a little overwhelmed by the number of brushes included- 14 in all!

A set includes from (left to right):

  • Concealer Brush
  • Foundation Brush
  • Angled Blush Brush
  • Powder Brush
  • Stippling Brush
  • Blending Brush
  • Pencil Point Brush
  • Wet/Dry Eyeshadow Brush
  • Angled Eyeshadow Brush
  • Flat Liner Brush
  • Bent Eyeliner Brush
  • Eyebrow Shading Brush
  • Brow Spoolie
  • Lip Brush


Charm zipper pull

Initially, I was afraid of the word "travel" because it means that the size would be compact which is also small and tiny in my vocabulary. To my delight, when I unwrapped the kraft paper revealing a box containing the funky black faux crocs pouch with hot pink zipper and a Charm logo zipper pull, the sizes are a teeny weeny bit smaller than my own brushes. I heave a sigh of relief! Woot!

Charm's 14 brushes are housed in a faux croc pouch with hot pink zippers

Most beauty bloggers have already gave out specifications for each of the 14 brushes. I am not a professional make up artist anyway so I am leaving the detailed brush description to them ; p

What I can do is to show you how I used the make up brushes and see the result for yourself. I know the brushes made a differrence because people immediately noticed the difference in my eye make up.

Charm Travel Pro v3 stippling brush

The white portion of the stippling brush became beige because I took a photo of it immediately after I have used it with my Kanebo BB Cream.

applied BB Cream with Charm's stippling brush

When I first used it, I used twice as much BB Cream so I know I was applying it the wrong way. On my second try, I found out the technique. Upon squeezing in a pea size amount of BB Cream on the palm of my hand, I dipped the brush and use it to dot my face just like what I would do if I use my fingers. Then circle the brush through the entire face. The result is fine, even coverage.

 (l-r) Charm's Eyebrow Shading Brush, Brow Spoolie and my OLD eyebrow brush

I have a confession to make. The eyebrow brush you see on the right is more than 10 years old. I couldn't get myself to throw it away because I have not found a perfect replacement. There I let it out of my chest. You see even though the plastic body is broken, I don't mind as long as it does the trick for my signature eyebrows.

using the eyebrow shading brush

Things have changed since I got my Charm set. I used to use my old brush to keep my brows in shape. But not anymore!


using brow spoolie

After shading my eyebrows with eye liner, I used eyebrow shading brush to blend the liner with my eyebrows and/or the brow spoolie to tame and groom it.

Charm's Wet/Dry Eyeshadow Brush

I  tried to recreate the look that Angela taught me a week ago. I use wet/dry eyeshadow brush to pick up the black eyeshadow as my base.

using the brush, gently tap the black color on eyelid

use the blending brush to blend the black eyeshadow

end result of using wet/dry eyeshadow brush

I will use this brush for wet eyeshadow next time.

Charm's Blending Brush

I used orange next to black

I tried to blend the colors in circling inward motion.

orange blended on black using blending brush

Charm's Pencil Point Brush

I added a little bit of yellow color using pencil point brush

applied gel liner with bent eyeliner brush

Charm's Bent Eyeliner Brush in action

I lined my upper and lower lash line using the bent eyeliner brush. The brush is softer compared to the accompanying brush of Kate Gel Liner. If you are a beginner, you will have a hard time using this tool.

MrsMartinez's Face of the Day (FOTD)

brushes by Charm

Cute detail in every brush. FYI, the travel sized make up brushes are made from the softest blend of animal and synthetic hair. 

another look using Charm brushes

I call this "Rainbow Brite" look


make up by LushAngel using Charm brushes

Washing Instructions for makeup brushes:

  • Run the bristles of the makeup brush under warm running water. Apply a small amount of shampoo to bristles and work into lather
  • Rise bristles thoroughly under running water until water becomes clear
  • Squeeze off excess water then lay the brushes flat to dry
  • Leave in a well ventilated place to dry


photo shoot location: Eastwood City, Libis


  • Blank Tank Top
  • Tango Jacket
  • Zara Shorts
  • Taiwan shoes




I am happy with the people's reaction to my eye makeup. So, yeah, I am switching! No more using of my hands ; p Hmmm, more like upgrading to Charm Travel Pro v3! 

Charm Travel Pro is a quality product of Beauty & Minerals