Komrad in Il Terrazzo Quezon City

September 16, 2012

Komrad Mao's Hunan & Sichuan Kitchen
Il Terrazzo
Quezon City

A few weeks ago, I was invited by Mikki to dine in one of the newly opened restaurants in Il Terrazzo called Komrad Mao's Hunan & Sichuan Kitchen. I have not eaten in a Hunan or Sichuan restaurant so I was really excited to give it a try!

 Male Crab 400-500 grams PhP 120 /100 grams

Red Crab Group owns and operates Komrad in Il Terrazzo. Yes, it's the same group that conceptualized Red Crab and Seafood Club, Claw Dadddy & Flying Pig.

Naturally, we have to order one of its specialties - crab! We got a humongous crab, it was meaty and overloaded with garlic. It was a true gastronomic delight!


 Rock Lobster PhP 595

I used to order lobster in Claw Daddy and upon seeing it available on the menu, I suggested that we give it a try. I think I ate more than half of the portion... dyahe! I may have a tiny frame but I have a huge appetite ; p

It was pretty expensive so if I were you, order the crab instead if lobster is not your thing ; p
 Salt & Pepper Pork Ribs PhP 265

Pork ribs were tender. Let me tell you this, don't make the same mistake like we did - our first three orders, including salt & pepper pork ribs, tasted almost exactly the same ; p Try ordering other varieties from the menu. It was not until all dishes were served that we realized it ; )

Sauteed Kangkong with Squid PhP 198

Kangkong is not exactly my type of veggie but it turned out all right. At least, somehow, we were able to veer away from all the fried dishes lol

The Braised Pork Belly with Preserved Vegetables PhP 288

Actually, the braised pork belly with preserved vegetables looks nice in the photo but it did not impress me at all. It was a tad too sweet while the preserved vegetable was not exactly how I remembered my grandmother used to prepare it ; p

The service was a bit on the slow side, we waited for more than 30 minutes before the first dish to arrive. Other than that, I think you can give Komrad a try! Some of the items on the menu are not so expensive like Sichuan Sweet & Spicy Pork Strips (PhP 188), Chef Chen's Crispy Sweet and Sour Pork Balls (PhP 198), Komrad Fried Rice (PhP 198), Birthday Noodles (PhP 255), Prawns (PhP 395) and Braised Fish Fillet with Tofu (PhP 255).

Have a happy weekend!

Let's stay connected:

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +